As our member, keeping you informed about what we’re up to is one of our top priorities. Check out the latest news from AHCU!
$20,000 in Scholarships Available
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Foundation Scholarship Council (FSC) scholarship program. This year, the council will be awarding $20,000 in the form of two $3,000, two $2,000, and 10 $1,000 scholarships. Any member of a Minnesota Credit Union Network affiliated credit union pursuing post-secondary education in the fall 2018/spring 2019 is eligible to apply.
Applicants are asked to write a brief essay of 500 words or less. This year's question is: "What is your best-ever consumer experience? Where was it [anywhere]? What made it so great?
Last year, in honor of twenty years of giving, the Council doubled their annual fundraising goal.
"We are thankful to the credit unions, vendors, and individuals that helped us reach our 2017 fundraising goal," said FSC Chair Bridget Petersen. "Because of their support the Council is able to offer $20,000 in scholarships to Minnesota's credit union members in 2018."
The FSC, formerly known as the Family Involvement Council (FIC), is a committee of the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation. The FSC strives to build credit union brand awareness and strengthen member relationships through their scholarship program. Since its inauguration in 1997, the FSC has benefited 303 credit union members with $166,500 in scholarships.
With questions about the scholarship program, contact the FSC.
Foundation Scholarship Council Dice & Ice Event
Join the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation Scholarship Council for their 2nd Annual Dice & Ice indoor event. Compete with a team in a variety of dice games including Life Size 6-5-4, Dice Bags and Horse Races to help raise $20,000 for scholarships for credit union members.
The FSC Dice & Ice event will be held on Friday, Jan. 26, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Vannelli’s by the Lake in Forest Lake.
Refer Someone to AHCU and You Both Receive a New Gift
Refer a co-worker or family member to AHCU, and you'll both be rewarded! Click here to learn more.
Introducing the CO-OP ATM network!
Across town or across the country, it's good to know that you can connect with 30,000 CO-OP ATMs - all surcharge free.
- Locations in all 50 states, including convenient retail locations
- Make deposits at nearly 9,000 ATMs
- Find an ATM near you. Call 1-888-748-3266 or text your current address to 91989
- Free CO-OP ATM locator app available for iPhone or Android
Equifax Data Breach
By now, you probably know that on September 7, 2017, Equifax announced a cybersecurity incident involving consumer information.
The information accessed primarily includes names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some instances, driver’s license numbers. Criminals also accessed credit card numbers for approximately 209,000 U.S. consumers, and certain dispute documents with personal identifying information for approximately 182,000 U.S. consumers.
Equifax found no evidence of unauthorized activity on their core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases. In addition, they have found no evidence that this cybersecurity incident impacted Equifax’s core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases, including, ACRO, Workforce Solutions, including The Work Number payroll data, NCTUE, IXI and CFN.
For more information,please visit the dedicated website www.equifaxsecurity2017.com:
- To see if you are potentially impacted, you can click on the Potential Impact Tab
- To enroll in complimentary identity theft protection and credit file monitoring services and how to find out if your personal information may have been impacted, you can click on the Enroll Tab.
- To learn more about the complimentary offering, you can click on TrustedID Premier Tab. TrustedID Premier provides you with copies of your Equifax credit report; the ability to lock your Equifax credit report; 3-Bureau credit monitoring of your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit reports; Internet scanning for your Social Security number; and identity theft insurance.
To speak to someone directly, Equifax has also established a call center at 866-447-7559, available every day (including weekends) from 7 a.m. – 1 a.m. EST, for individuals to ask questions.
Below are links to each credit bureau for placing identity theft blocks and freezes on credit reports: