Associated Healthcare Credit Union is hiring a Senior Accountant at their main office in Woodbury MN. We are a credit union that has been serving the medical industry with a full range of financial services and products for 70 years.
The Senior Accountant will need to be experienced and strong in performing and preparing financial reports, maintaining, and managing the various systems related to accounting functions, and developing and analyzing data. The position serves as lead for projects and participates in monthly variance analysis, peer group reporting, regulatory reporting, and financial reporting for the Board of Directors and Senior Management and or others within the organization. This individual plays a major role in month-end processing and producing the annual budget, along with assisting management in overseeing the daily operations of the department and in providing guidance for others. Duties and functions must be completed accurately according to deadlines and in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations. This role will report to the Executive Director of Finance.
Some of the responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Perform all accounting functions including AP, AR, cash flow, cost management, financial analysis, financial reporting, recordkeeping, GL, investments, and taxes.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries.
- Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements.
- Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
- Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements.
- Set up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Process and log of daily incoming and outgoing wires.
- Responsible for managing Dormant Accounts and Abandoned Funds Reporting
- Review Card Service Reports.
- Provide regular reports to management of accounting activities.
- Develop and implement a strategy to streamline credit union processes and procedures.
Qualifications: The successful candidate's qualifications are:
- 2 years’ experience in back-office. Credit Union or Banking preferred.
- College degree in accounting, finance, and/or related field or equivalent experience.
- Back-office operations and knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong communication skills (written, personal, and presentation) along with attention to detail.
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy. Is thorough, complete, neat and professional in all documents, system input and correspondence.
- Expanded knowledge of Word and Excel, and other computer applications. Continuous learning while participating in internal and external training and coursework.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, laws, and regulations within the area of responsibility.
Associated Healthcare offers an excellent benefits package with health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, PTO, 401k with match and profit sharing, and paid parking. This is a primarily weekday position. Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected]
Business Development Relationship Officer
Associated Healthcare Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Business Development Relationship Officer. Come and work for a company that makes a difference in healthcare employees, professionals, and their families in the metro area. We are looking for an outgoing individual to develop and grow new business opportunities within the healthcare field. The Business Development Relationship Officer will help to build collaborative relationships with Human Resources or Benefits Departments to present the credit union as a benefit for their employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, creating, cultivating, and nurturing new and existing medical groups, bringing in new members, calling on prospective medical groups in the communities by our branches, conducting in-person or virtual financial education workshops, and serving as primary liaison for the credit unions medical groups.
The Business Development Officer will be responsible for meeting membership penetration goals and increasing the use of products and services, presenting at monthly new hire orientations for current medical groups, and participating in visits to job sites and company events to inform potential members about AHCU. They will work with Marketing to create and manage correspondence and direct marketing publications to medical groups. This position will input data into HubSpot CRM to keep records up to date.
This position requires an outgoing personality, creativity, self-motivation, project management skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as with other team members. Qualified candidates need effective communication skills both written and verbal, experience in sales and/or community relations, reliable transportation, and be able to lead and/or attend meetings and events, some of which may be outside normal business hours. They also need good organizational skills, proven technical skills, and the ability to multitask. The potential candidate will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. There will be significant travel expectations in this position to other branch offices and to medical offices around the branch locations to develop leads for membership.
Associated Healthcare offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits which include paid time off, paid holidays, health and dental insurance, and 401k program. Please e-mail a resume to [email protected]
Associated Healthcare Credit Union is looking to hire a dynamic full-time Universal Banker for their Fridley office location. The position is responsible for opening new accounts, consumer lending duties, and cross-selling additional products and services. Universal Bankers will build relationships with members through daily communication in person, on the phone, and through email or chat. They will help members open new accounts, take loan applications, process and fund loan applications, and general questions from members. They will also be responsible for helping the members with transactions and answering phones. We are looking for someone who enjoys providing a high level of customer service, has strong lending and underwriting skills, is able to develop their own production and open and cross-sell new accounts.
General Job Description:
- Take loan applications, underwrite, and close loans as needed.
- Act as a Universal banker for new accounts, additional products, or services the member may need.
- Be responsible for teller transactions, answering phones, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, and explaining policies and procedures to members.
- Responsible for sales production for the office including outbound sales calls.
- High School Diploma and any business or college classes are a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience within the financial services industry.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- Maintain a high standard of accuracy.
- Experience in financial product sales and lending.
Associated Healthcare Credit Union has an excellent benefits package. Some of the benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays, PTO, VTO, 401K, paid parking, disability and life insurance, and no weekend hours.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, you can submit your resume to [email protected]