Associated Healthcare Credit Union is hiring an Accountant I at their main office in Woodbury MN. This full time weekday position would develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting functions. They will report on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making for the fulfillment of financial reporting requirements.
Some of the responsibilities of the Accountant I include:
- Perform all accounting functions to include AP, AR, cash flow, cost management, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, and taxes.
- Assist with budgets preparation.
- Responsible for completion of the morning work such as Drafts/ACH/Unposted Debits and CAD reports from Federal Reserve Bank. Process the Incoming drafts for posting to members accounts. Research and post QRC’s against member accounts and check for incoming wires to post to member accounts.
- Balance and journalize all necessary transactions with the miscellaneous clearing accounts.
- Posts and balances all electronic transactions, ACH, ATM, Share Draft, Share Draft Returns, Visa entries, loan servicing entries, and any adjustments or suspense items.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity. Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts assigned.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements. Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
- Assist with month-end processing, and close the books.
- Review daily cash balances. Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Process and log of daily incoming and outgoing wires.
- Process Card Services Contact Managers such as Travel Notifications, Name Changes and file maintenance relating to Card Services.
- Review Card Service Reports.
- Provide regular reports to management of accounting activities.
- Develop and implement strategy to streamline credit union processes and procedures.
The successful candidate's qualifications are:
- Two (2) years’ accounting experience required. Credit Union or Banking preferred.
- College degree in accounting, finance, and/or business, general or related field is preferred.
- Back-office operations and knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong communication skills (written, personal, and presentation) along with attention to detail.
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy. Is thorough, complete, neat and professional in all documents, system input and correspondence.
- Expanded knowledge of Word and Excel, and other computer applications. Continuous learning while participating in internal and external training and course work.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, laws, and regulations within area of responsibility.
Associated Healthcare offers an excellent benefit package with health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, PTO, 401k with match and profit sharing, and paid parking. This is a primarily weekday position. Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected]
Member Service Representative - Coon Rapids Branch
Associated Healthcare Credit Union is seeking a full-time Member Service Representative in our Coon Rapids branch. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting members with daily transactions.
- Providing excellent member service in person and over the telephone.
- Cross-selling credit union products and services.
- You will also take incoming phone calls.
- Respond via chat.
- Process daily teller transactions.
- Open and close accounts.
- Must be able to communicate via email and chat using correct spelling and grammar.
This position requires an outgoing personality and the ability to work with other team members as well as independently. Qualified candidates will be able to have great conversations with members to ensure we are fulfilling all their financial needs and able to show proven sales skills.This position requires the ability to sell financial products and services, have problem-solving and good organizational skills, ability to multitask, and a positive attitude.
Associated Healthcare offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits which include paid time off, paid holidays, health and dental insurance, 401k program, and paid parking. Please e-mail a resume to [email protected] .