Let's Work Together To Help People In Need Of PCs
Technology Recycling Drive
When: Tuesday, October 12 - Thursday, October 14, 2021
Where: All AHCU Branches, during normal business hours
Some of the Accepted Donations: For a full list of what can be donated please click here
- Desktop and Laptop Computers
- TVs and monitors (no CRTs)
- Computer accessories like keyboards, mice or speakers
- Hard drives and other computer parts
- Power cords and cables
- Servers and networking equipment
- Car batteries
- CRT (tube) TVs and monitors
- Or anything containing chemicals, fossil fuels, bio waste, oil, liquids, powders, asbestos or Freon
NOTE: Receipts will be available, but people making the donation will be responsible for determining the value.
About PCs for People
Founded in 1998, PCs for People is a national leader in digital inclusion. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, every project, program and initiative at PCs for People is centered on getting low-cost computers and affordable broadband internet into the homes of low-income individuals. Through an unwavering commitment to the communities we serve, we have:
- Provided 155,000 people with home computers
- Connected 165,000 people to low-cost internet
- And recycled over 8 millions of pounds of electronics.
Digital inclusion efforts such as ours are essential in today’s society, where it is increasingly hard to access education, healthcare or employment opportunities without access to a computer and the internet. Our model is a self-sustainable social enterprise centered on building community value in every part of our program.
Any usable computers obtained through this service have their data securely wiped using our NAID AAA certified process and are then refurbished for distribution.
WIN THIS TABLET! When you donate something on our Accepted Donation List above, your name will go into a drawing for a Galaxy Tab A7. Stream and browse on a 10.4-inch ultra-widescreen display. 1 entry per donation (multiple products donated will be considered 1 donation, therefore 1 entry.)