Associated Healthcare Credit Union is hiring for the open positions listed below. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, be comfortable with electronic forms of communication and banking options.
Associated Healthcare Credit Union is hiring an Accountant at their main office in St. Paul MN. We are a credit union who have been serving the medical industry with a full range of financial services and products for over 60 years. This full time weekday position would develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting functions. They will report on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making for the fulfillment of financial reporting requirements.
General Job Description
- Perform all accounting functions to include AP, AR, cash flow, cost management, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, and taxes.
- Assist with budgets preparation.
- Responsible for completion of the morning work such as Drafts/ACH/Unposted Debits and CAD reports from Federal Reserve Bank. Process the Incoming drafts for posting to members accounts. Research and post QRC’s against member accounts and check for incoming wires to post to member
- Balance and journalize all necessary transactions with the miscellaneous clearing accounts.
- Posts and balances all electronic transactions, ACH, ATM, Share Draft, Share Draft Returns, Visa entries, loan servicing entries, and any adjustments or suspense items.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity. Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts assigned.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements. Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
- Assist with month-end processing, and close the books.
- Maintain the necessary accounting processes for third party relationships such as: Fannie Mae, Federal Home Loan Bank.
- Review daily cash balances. Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Provide regular reports to management of accounting activities.
- Develop and implement process to streamline credit union processes and procedures.
- Prepare and perform quarterly and annual reporting, including 5300 Call Report, Taxes, etc.
- Back-up VP Finance with Investment recommendations to CEO in absence of VP of Finance.
- College degree in accounting, finance, and/or business, general or related field.
- 2 years’ accounting experience required. Credit Union or Banking preferred.
- Back-office operations and knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong communication skills (written, personal, and presentation) along with attention to detail.
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy. Is thorough, complete, neat and professional in all documents, system input and correspondence.
- Expanded knowledge of Word and Excel, and other computer applications. Continuous learning while participating in internal and external training and course work.
- Thorough knowledge of rules, laws, and regulations within area of responsibility.
Associated Healthcare offers an excellent benefit package with health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, PTO, 401k with match and profit sharing, and paid parking. This is a primarily weekday position.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected].
Member Service Representative
Associated Healthcare Credit Union is seeking a full-time Member Service Representative.
General Job Description:
Responsibilities include assisting members with daily transactions, providing excellent customer service in person and over the telephone, cross-selling credit union products and services, opening new accounts, closing loans, and other duties as assigned. This position requires an outgoing personality and the ability to work with other team members as well as independently.
Qualified candidates need to be comfortable talking with members about the products and services we offer in person, on the phone, and through electronic means of communication and show proven sales skills. They also need problem-solving and good organizational skills, ability to multitask, and a positive attitude.
Associated Healthcare Credit Union has an excellent benefits package. Some of the benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays, PTO, VTO, 401K, paid parking, disability and life insurance, and no weekend hours.
If you’re interested in applying for this position you can submit your resume to [email protected]